Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Dr. Strange (da return)

Yikes!  It's been a while since I paid much attention to this blog.  I think one of my problems has been that I have a habit of spending time explaining my process instead of just posting images.  While I do enjoy talking about what went into the creation of the piece, it is time consuming and makes it difficult to keep posting when time is a factor.  So, I'm going to try my best to keep this updated and will start with something I created recently.


I've been working on inking recently and thought I would try a larger pin-up type piece.  I was motivated to work on a Dr. Strange image and penciled this:

Dr. Strange pencil sample

It's not quite as "finished" as my pencils usually are but everything is still pretty tight.  I'm not at the point yet where I can be really loose with my pencils and finish them with inks but I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable with it.

Dr. Strange inking sample
The inks are mostly brush but there is also some tech pen, nib, and Manga Studio in there as well.  The circles and border were done with Manga Studio and, at least I think anyway, this is the first time I've combined traditional and digital inking.


No comments:

Post a Comment