Friday, July 1, 2016

Inking!

It's been a while since I've worked on any inking so I thought I better pencil in some time.  Er, I mean, INK in some time.  Right?  Anyway, I decided to try my hand at the Daredevil piece I recently finished and a Captain Marvel I did a couple of months ago.  Daredevil was inked mostly with a brush, the brick work was done with a nib and the background buildings with pens.  Captain Marvel was done almost entirely with a brush with the exception of some of her costume details.


Since I'm still pretty new to this I'm sure my preferences will change a lot in the coming years but so far I prefer inking with the brush.  I've been using a Raphael Kolinsky size 2 with Speedball Super Black india ink.  Still learning a lot about control and I think too many of my lines show a lack of confidence but it's been fun to work on getting better.

Captain Marvel inking practice

Daredevil inking practice

No comments:

Post a Comment