Thursday, October 12, 2017

Darkseid

As I get more comfortable working digitally I'm finding it fun and challenging to broaden my horizons and try some new things.  Due in part to my general unease with inking I typically create my pencils very tight.  I'd rather have a clear understanding of my intent when inking rather than having to interpret the meaning.  Weird to say since all of the steps are my own but, whatever...


Until now I've also always done my finished pencils traditionally.  Pencils on paper.  This time the only thing done traditionally was the initial sketch.  Everything else was digital.  Part of the reason for change was the fact that I'm a little under the gun.  I want to try and get this colored and made into prints before a convention in just over a week.  I didn't think I would have time to do full sized, tight traditional pencils and ink it to in the time needed.

It was fun.  I think I'm moving at a fairly good pace with the inking but there are still some techniques and approaches to textures that I'm sort of learning on the fly so it's slowing my down.  I'll also miss having the penciled version to try and hock at conventions but that's okay on occasions I think.

Darkseid sketch


Darkseid inks

No comments:

Post a Comment